Hi, you are logged in as , if you are not , please click here

Council Tax Certificate (Full-time Students)

Council Tax Certificate (Full-time Students)



Queries: transcripts-fssl@bristol.ac.uk

This service is only available to students in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law. You can only request a Council Tax Certificate for yourself. Please do not request documents on behalf of other students.

Students may claim Council Tax exemption if their programme of study/research meets the definition of "full-time" for the purposes of Council Tax. Part-time, visiting or occasional students are not eligible for Council Tax exemption.

The University provides Bristol City Council with listings of all full-time students (undergraduate and postgraduate) three times a year, in early November, January and May, and so most students do not need to provide the Council with a Council Tax Certificate. Halls of Residence or University-owned student houses are automatically exempt.

Postgraduate students will not be eligible for any exemption once they have submitted their dissertation/thesis.

Letters take three working days to produce (except during busy periods). They are processed in the order they are received therefore you should ensure you submit your request in plenty of time to meet any deadlines you have been given.

The Certificate will include your Term Address therefore you should check your Term Address is up-to-date in StudentInfo (www.bristol.ac.uk/studentinfo) before requesting the Certificate. You will receive an email when the Certificate is available.